- “A newspaper is not just for reporting the news as it is, but to make people mad enough to do something about it.” --Mark Twain
- 9 New Items including:
- No holiday shopping at any retail giant that doesn't give workers Thanksgiving Day off
- Tell Congress: Protect Victims of Military Sexual Assault
- A Petition Asking Archbishop Nienstedt to Resign
- You Cut Social Security, You Should Leave Congress
- Calling 911 Shouldn't Get You Evicted
- Starve the Hungry
- We Can Stop This Attack On Syria!
- A hard day's work
- Pope Francis, The Vatican: Stop Sexual Abuse For Good
David Culver, Ed., Evergreene Digest
No holiday shopping at any retail giant that doesn't give workers Thanksgiving Day off, Daily Kos
Sign the pledge: No holiday shopping at any retail giant that doesn't give workers Thanksgiving off.
Which stores are open and which are closed on Thanksgiving?
Big Retailers Make Low-Paid Workers Into Exploited Turkeys on Thanksgiving
A Petition Asking Archbishop Nienstedt to Resign, Tom Hayes , The People in the Pews
We believe that now is the time for healing, which begins with your resignation. Quite simply, the trust and confidence you once enjoyed are gone and will not return. You can no longer lead because we can no longer follow. We believe our energies and financial resources can no longer be spent defending the indefensible.
- I affirm this petition.
- Answer the survey based on the Vatican questions sent to bishops
You Cut Social Security, You Should Leave Congress, StopGrandBargain.org / RootsAction.org
Tell Congress: Protect Victims of Military Sexual Assault, Daily Kos
- Add your name in support of the Military Justice Improvement Act. We owe it to the men and women who wear the uniform and bravely serve our great country.
- A Marine Was Assaulted. Her Commander Said She Deserved It For Wearing Running Shorts.
Calling 911 Shouldn't Get You Evicted, American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- Norristown’s (PA) disorderly behavior ordinance punishes victims of crime for contacting the police—it’s outrageous.
- Sign the petition calling on the Norristown Municipal Council to immediately repeal this unfair law that punishes victims of domestic violence.
Starve the Hungry, Tim, Beau, Janelle, and the rest of the Sojourners team, Sojourners
Congress should be reducing hunger in America, not increasing it. Tell your representative that taking food away from hungry people contradicts your values -- before it is too late.
We Can Stop This Attack On Syria! Veterans for Peace (VFP) Chapter 27 (Twin Cities, MN), Veterans for Peace Chapter 27
We have an opportunity to stop this madness before more innocent people are killed, this time by our hands.
A hard day's work, Jay Henderson <>, Democracy for America
Pope Francis, The Vatican: Stop Sexual Abuse For Good, Bishop Geoffrey Robinson, Change.org
- Australian Catholic Bishops Geoffrey Robinson, Bill Morris and Pat Power call on Pope Francis to seize the opportunity of his appointment to establish a Council of the whole Church, inclusive of the laity from around the globe, to confront the global sex abuse scandal and address the issues that contribute to the causes of systemic sexual abuse within the Catholic Church.
- Sign this petition