Whose interests is Obama looking out for with these deals?
- There is plenty of information available on TPP -- a genuine disaster in the making. Please contact your members of Congress, regardless of who owns them, and tell them TPP is intolerable.
- Special Report | Stop the TPP, Week Ending February 13, 2016
Paul, Emma, Anne and the team at SumOfUs.org
Submitted by Evergreene Digest Contributing Editor Jim Fuller
Now you can follow Evergreene Digest on Twitter.
Wed, 21 Jan 2015 | President Obama is negotiating two massive trade deals that will put our democracy, food safety, Internet freedoms and access to life-saving medicines in danger. Last night during the State of the Union, along with a slate of progressive ideas, he disturbingly called for a bill that would allow these deals to bypass Congress, forgoing Constitutionally-protected democratic oversight.
World leaders are working alongside major corporations to pass these dangerous deals -- and they are refusing to tell us what's inside the agreements.
Sign the petition to Obama and other world leaders
Petition Text: Stop negotiating in secret and release the text of the TPP and TTIP immediately!
SumOfUs.org is a new world-wide movement for a better global economy.
Full story …
Special Report | Stop the TPP, Week Ending February 13, 2016, Compiled by David Culver , Ed., Evergreene Digest
- Below we provide fact-based sources of information on the key issues surrounding the TPP.
- Obama’s unexpectedly brief mention of the TPP may simply reflects that the pact is very unpopular across the political spectrum and talking about it more only makes opposition grow.
- Statement of Lori Wallach, Director, Public Citizen’s Global Trade Watch
- Part 1: The Facts on the Trans-Pacific Partnership Compared to the Obama Administration’s Claims
- Part 2: Is The TPP Still Obama's Top Priority?
- Part 3: TPP Is Obama’s #1 2016 Priority: Why Only 28 Seconds in the SOTU?