- “A newspaper is not just for reporting the news as it is, but to make people mad enough to do something about it.” --Mark Twain
- 9 New Items including:
- Petition: Mr. President: Stop Lying To Us About Fast Track And The TPP
- Stop the Congressional Assault on the Internet
- Stop cable companies from blocking fast and affordable Internet access
- Overturn the conviction against Purvi Patel
- Student Loan Debt Totals $1.3 Trillion
- Time to Indict GOP for Treason & Sedition!
- EPA just paved the way for rejection of Keystone XLPipeline
- New Budget Chair to cut Social Security!
- Breaking: House GOP Attacks Social Security on day one!
Compiled by David Culver, Ed., Evergreene Digest
Petition: Mr. President: Stop Lying To Us About Fast Track And The TPP, The Pen
- Mr. President, the more you try to defend the indefensible TPP the bigger your lies seem to get, and just this last Friday you told some serious whoppers.
- TPP Leak Reveals Extraordinary New Powers for Thousands of Foreign Firms to Challenge U.S. Policies and Demand Taxpayer Compensation
Stop the Congressional Assault on the Internet, Compiled by David Culver, Ed., Evergreene Digest
- Congress is trying to destroy the Internet. Again!
- Part 1: Congress Is still Trying to Destroy Net Neutrality
- Part 2: Stop cable companies from blocking fast and affordable Internet access
Stop cable companies from blocking fast and affordable Internet access, CREDO Action
Sign the petition to Congress: “19 states have laws blocking towns and cities from providing fast, publicly owned Internet access. Support the Municipal Broadband Act, which would preserve the right of cities and municipalities to build their own broadband networks.”
Overturn the conviction against Purvi Patel, UltraViolet
Tell the Indiana Court of Appeals: "Stop policing women's bodies. Overturn the conviction of Purvi Patel."
Journalism with real independence and integrity is a rare thing. All reader supported Evergreene Digest relies - exclusively!- on reader donations. Click on the donation button above to make a contribution and support our work.
Student Loan Debt Totals $1.3 Trillion, Sarah Arnold, the Nation
- Today, students leave school burdened by an average of $25,000 in debt. Their debt then makes it difficult for them to make big purchases like cars or homes, dragging down the entire economy.
- Salon Q&A: William Deresiewicz on millennials, the meritocracy, student loans and what's wrong with the Ivy League
Time to Indict GOP for Treason & Sedition! Sue Cohen, MoveOn.org Petitions
- To be delivered to The United States House of Representatives, The United States Senate, and President Barack Obama.
- Open Letter to the People and Leaders of Iran from the People of the United States
EPA just paved the way for rejection of Keystone XLPipeline, Rhea Suh, NRDC Action
- Big News: The EPA just released its assessment of the proposed Keystone XL tar sands pipeline, linking the embattled project to tar sands expansion and saying "the development of oil sands crude represents a significant increase in greenhouse gas emissions." There's now more evidence than ever to support President Obama's promise to veto the KXL bill just passed by Congress.
- Please urge President Obama to veto the Keystone XL now.
New Budget Chair to cut Social Security!, Michael Phelan, Social Security Works
Tell the new House Budget Chair Tom Price: Expand, Don't Cut, Social Security
Breaking: House GOP Attacks Social Security on day one! Social Security Works / Thom Hartmann
We need to tell Congress we stand united on the side of our WHOLE Social Security system! We reject the games and forced crises. Social Security works, period.