And so, let me echo the attorney Joseph N. Welsh, in his famous rebuke of Sen. Joe McCarthy: Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?"
- 8 New items including:
- Rich People Say The Darndest Things
- Why Isn't Anyone Telling Justin Bieber He's Acting Like a D-bag?
- Utah State Senator Jokes About Kids Whose Lunches Were Thrown In The Trash!
- Tea Party Republican Goes On Sexist Twitter Rampage Against Wendy Davis
- RedState’s Erick Erickson Smears Wendy Davis with Bogus ‘Restraining Order’ Story
- Bristol Palin's scathing critique of Wendy Davis is shameful
- Pharmaceutical CEO: Cancer Drug Is Only For Westerners Who Can Afford It
- Welcome to This Generation's Joseph McCarthy
David Culver, Ed., Evergreene Digest
Rich People Say The Darndest Things, Huffington Post
02/07/2014 | It’s hard not to feel sorry for the rich. After all, it can’t be easy to swim in a pool of money, or to keep a yacht clean, or to stroll down red carpets all day, can it? So please, let’s give them all a break when they occasionally say outrageous things. Things like these.
Why Isn't Anyone Telling Justin Bieber He's Acting Like a D-bag?, Caitlyn Becker, Huffington Post
- To be fair, I understand that 19 years does not a mature adult make, but has no one explained that there are consequences in the real world? Enough is enough with allowing Bieber to run around acting like a spoiled brat.
- Mike Huckabee Actually Said This About Women Today
Utah State Senator Jokes About Kids Whose Lunches Were Thrown In The Trash! John Prager, Americans Against the Tea Party
- State Sen. Todd Weiler, a Republican, posted a tweet about his visit: "Best nugget of the Uintah school lunch story: 5th graders were particularly horrified that food was being discarded on 'pizza day'!"
- Weiler’s sympathy for children seems to end with the positive publicity he has garnered from what looks like an attempt to co-opt a horrible incident for political gain.
Tea Party Republican Goes On Sexist Twitter Rampage Against Wendy Davis, Samantha Lachman, Huffington Post
- 1/27/14 | A tea party activist, attorney and former executive director of South Carolina's Republican Party went on a spree of sexist attacks on Texas gubernatorial candidate and state Sen. Wendy Davis (D) last week.
- Todd Kincannon, who resigned from his leadership role at the GOP organization in 2010, linked Davis to prostitution, drugs and Monica Lewinsky after a Dallas Morning News article pointed out some discrepancies in the stories Davis has told about her background -- including when she was officially divorced from her first husband (at 21, not 19), how long she lived in a mobile home and how she paid for law school.
RedState’s Erick Erickson Smears Wendy Davis with Bogus ‘Restraining Order’ Story, Tommy Christopher, Mediaite
January 21st, 2014 | RedState chief and Fox News contributor Erick Erickson has picked up the ball that the Dallas Morning News got rolling against State Sen. and gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis (D-TX) by publishing a bogus hit piece with the sensational headline “Wendy Davis’ Ex Asked a Court to Order Her Not to Use Drugs Before Seeing Her Kids.”
Bristol Palin's scathing critique of Wendy Davis is shameful, Paul Thornton, Los Angeles (CA) Times
- January 29, 2014 | Texas reproductive rights hero (and I really mean hero) Wendy Davis' children think she was a fine mother. End of discussion, right?
- Were that it were so, but Bristol Palin disagrees.
Pharmaceutical CEO: Cancer Drug Is Only For Westerners Who Can Afford It, Adam Peck, ThinkProgress
- “We did not develop this medicine for Indians…we developed it for western patients who can afford it,” (Bayer CEO Marijn Dekkers) said.
- Treating Extreme Wealth As a Disease
Welcome to This Generation's Joseph McCarthy, Thom Hartmann, Daily Take / Truthout
- California Republican Rep. Darrell Issa is now leading several McCarthy-esque hearings and witch hunts, but the mainstream media is giving him a free pass.
- An Itty Bitty Pity Party for the Associated Press