- When will a genuine movement of opposition arise? Angry, eloquent, all-for-one-and-one-for all. Until real politics return to people’s lives, the enemy is not Trump, it is ourselves.
- Related: The President America Deserves
John Pilger, CounterPunch
18 Great Reasons to Get Behind Evergreene Digest
The Trump Agenda, Your Right to Vote, Citizens United, The Supreme Court, Roe v. Wade, Main-Stream News, The Republican Party, The Tea Party, The Democratic Party, US Congress, The NSA, The NRA, The Dakota Access Pipeline, Climate Change Denial, The Foreclosure of America, War Without End, Peace in Our Time, Your Right to Know.
Your donation matters here.
Dave & the Crew
Photo by Diego Torres Sylvester | CC BY 2.0
January 17, 2017 | On the day President Trump is inaugurated, thousands of writers in the United States will express their indignation. “In order for us to heal and move forward …,” say Writers Resist, “we wish to bypass direct political discourse, in favour of an inspired focus on the future, and how we, as writers, can be a unifying force for the protection of democracy.”
And: “We urge local organizers and speakers to avoid using the names of politicians or adopting ‘anti’ language as the focus for their Writers Resist event. It’s important to ensure that nonprofit organizations, which are prohibited from political campaigning, will feel confident participating in and sponsoring these events.”
Thus, real protest is to be avoided, for it is not tax exempt.
John Pilger is an Australian journalist and documentary maker. One of only two to win Britain's Journalist of the Year Award twice, his documentaries have received academy awards in Britain and the US. Based in London, he is known for his polemical campaigning style: "Secretive power loathes journalists who do their job, who push back screens, peer behind façades, lift rocks. Opprobrium from on high is their badge of honour."
Full story …
The President America Deserves, Abel Cohen, Counterpunch
- Like George Carlin said: “They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it.” Our vacuous and vicarious cult of five-minute fame, popup clickbait ads, and rehab has finally reached its hideous, waking apogee in the election of a vacationing reality star.
- Related: Chris Hedges | We Are All Deplorables
- Related: Chris Hedges | The Mafia State
Full story ...