- Ellison is part of the pro-war Left, whose primary mission is make self-described liberals and leftists comfortable supporting imperial wars.”
- Glen Ford of Black Agenda Report calls out Keith Ellison about Ellison’s public support for no fly zones bombing (first of Libya) and now of Syria in order to effect US-orchestrated regime change of these countries. Of course after what happened in Libya, Ellison does know what a “no fly zone” means. He’s not that dumb; it means bombing and further destruction. Yet Ellison prefers to align himself with John McCain.
- Keith Ellison, a Regular Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Glen Ford, Black Agenda Report
Submitted by Evergreene Digest Contributting Editor Coleen Rowley
This article is made possible with the generous contributions of all reader supported Evergreene Digest readers like you. Thank you!
Hard right Republican Senator John McCain and Progressive Caucus co-chair Rep. Keith Ellison both support no-fly zones over Syria. That's because, on U.S. imperial policy, there’s not a dime’s worth of difference between between the pro-war Left and the Right.
Tue, 04/30/2013 | Keith Ellison, the Black U.S. House member from Minneapolis who is co-chair of the Progressive Caucus, says the U.S. should push for a no-fly zone over rebel-held areas in Syria. Ellison, who is also one of only two Muslim members of Congress, appeared on NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Sunday, as did Republican Arizona Senator John McCain. It is a measure of how far to the right the Democratic Party has come under President Obama, that McCain, the war monger who likes to sing about bombing Iran, and Ellison, who claims to be a progressive, are in basic agreement over Syria. Both McCain and Ellison want no-fly zones, and both claim to prefer that there be no U.S. “boots on the ground” in country. Both are raving American imperialists who believe that the U.S. has not merely the right, but the obligation to intervene in the internal affairs of other countries. As Ellison, the phony progressive, puts it, “I don’t think the world’s greatest superpower, the United States, can stand by and do nothing” – which is, essentially, John McCain’s position.
Ellison has been advocating a no-fly zone for Syria for at least a year. Last May, he told U.S. News and World Report that so-called “safe zones” should be set up by the U.S. and its allies around the borders of Syria. Ellison made it quite clear that he sees such zones as a prelude to regime change. “I think the Libyan action was a good example of that,” he said.
Glen Ford has had a long career as a radio host and commentator. In 1977, Ford co-launched, produced and hosted America’s Black Forum, the first nationally syndicated Black news interview program on commercial television. He is the co-founder Executive Editor of Black Agenda Report.
Full story …
Keith Ellison, a Regular Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, David Culver, Ed., Evergreene Digest
- Angered, disappointed, disillusioned, betrayed with Keith Ellison and his backing of Obama for armed intervention in Syria? Google "Keith Ellison" "Progressive Caucus" "Op-Ed News". What pops up are articles by David Swanson, Normon Solomon, and others proving just how big a sucker we progressives have been in falling for this guy's male bovine feces.
- The Enthronment of Illogic
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com
American Politicians' Shameful Pandering to Israel, Compiled by David Culver, Ed., Evergreene Digest
- Almost every single elected official in Washington has come out in full support of Israel over the past three weeks as the Israeli military pressed a bloody offensive across Gaza that has killed well over 1,500 Palestinians, the vast majority of them civilians, and displaced hundreds of thousands more.
- Part 1: 10 Most Shameless Ways American Politicians Are Pandering to Israel
- Part 2: Even Left-Wing Politicians Can’t Quit Israel
- Israeli Lobby Takes Control of US Foreign Policy