- A new amply documented report demonstrates the use of American tactics that are almost certainly war crimes.
- Whatever else is true, it seems highly likely that Barack Obama is the first Nobel Peace laureate who, after receiving his award, presided over the deliberate targeting of rescuers and funeral mourners of his victims.
- Two Obamas, Two Classes Of Children
Glenn Greenwald, Salon
Submitted by Evergreene Digest Assistant Editor Jeanette Eastman
If you like reading this article, consider contributing a cafe latte to all reader-supported Evergreene Digest--using the donation button above—so we can bring you more just like it.
Images from a Predator B unmanned aircraft are seen on a monitored at the Naval Air Station. (Credit: AP)
Sunday, February 5, 2012 | On December 30 of last year, ABC News reported on a 16-year-old Pakistani boy, Tariq Khan, who was killed with his 12-year-old cousin when a car in which he was riding was hit with a missile fired by a U.S. drone. As I noted at the time, the report contained this extraordinary passage buried in the middle:
Asked for documentation of Tariq and Waheed’s deaths, Akbar did not provide pictures of the missile strike scene. Virtually none exist, since drones often target people who show up at the scene of an attack.
What made that sentence so amazing was that it basically amounts to a report that the U.S. first kills people with drones, then fires on the rescuers and others who arrive at the scene where the new corpses and injured victims lie.
Two Obamas, Two Classes Of Children, Ralph Nader, Nader.org
- Unless the American people come to realize that a president must be subject to the rule of law and our Constitution, our statutes and treaties, every succeeding president will push the deficit-financed lawlessness further until the inevitable blowback day of reckoning. That is the fate of all empires.
- A Culture That Condones The Killing Of Children And Teaches Children To Kill