- Some day, and it must be soon, the world will respond to the plea issued by the distinguished Gazan human rights lawyer Raji Sourani while the bombs were once again raining down on defenseless civilians in Gaza: “We demand justice and accountability. We dream of a normal life, in freedom and dignity.”
- Special Report | The Israeli Attack on Gaza: Week of November 25
Noam Chomsky, Israeli Occupation Archive
If you like reading this article, consider contributing a cafe latte to all reader-supported Evergreene Digest--using the donation button above—so we can bring you more just like it.
Noam Chomsky in Gaza – Oct 2012
1 Dec 2012 | An old man in Gaza held a placard that reads: “You take my water, burn my olive trees, destroy my house, take my job, steal my land, imprison my father, kill my mother, bombard my country, starve us all, humiliate us all but I am to blame: I shot a rocket back.”
The old man’s message provides the proper context for the timelines on the latest episode in the savage punishment of Gaza. They are useful, but any effort to establish a “beginning” cannot help but be misleading. The crimes trace back to 1948, when hundreds of thousands of Palestinians fled in terror or were expelled to Gaza by conquering Israeli forces, who continued to truck them over the border for years after the official cease-fire. The persecution of Gazans took new forms when Israel conquered the Strip in 1967. From recent Israeli scholarship we learn that the goal of the government was to drive the refugees into the Sinai, and if feasible the rest of the population too.
Special Report | The Israeli Attack on Gaza: Week of November 25, David Culver, Ed., Evergreene Digest
- In the eyes of the rest of the world, the American people become complicit in Israel’s crimes.
- 7 New Items including:
- Amy Goodman: In Gaza, It's the Occupation, Stupid
- Veterans and GIs say: 'Stand against Israel's war on civilians in Gaza'
- American Guilt in Gaza
- In pictures: Israel-Gaza conflict
- Essential history of the Palestine-Israel conflict
- Noam Chomsky | My Visit to Gaza, the World's Largest Open-Air Prison
- Jimmy Carter: 'Israeli Policy Is to Confiscate Palestinian Territory'