- Judge Johnson's appalling lack of empathy proves he has no right to preside over sex crime cases -- and his archaic definition of "rape" proves he has no place on the bench.
- Legitimate Rape Is Back
- Todd Akin: It's Not a War on Women, It's a War on Critical Thinking and Democracy
- Tell the California Commission: Get Judge Johnson to step down, NOW!
Melanie Jones, Watchdog.net
If you like reading this article, consider contributing a cafe latte to all reader-supported Evergreene Digest--using the donation button above—so we can bring you more just like it.
January 2, 2012 | Back in 2008, California Judge Derek Johnson was overseeing the case of a man who raped his ex-girlfriend and forced her to perform oral sex on him. This was the judge's response.
"If someone doesn't want to have sexual intercourse, the body shuts down. The body will not permit that to happen unless a lot of damage is inflicted... That tells me that the victim in this case, although she wasn't necessarily willing, she didn't put up a fight."
Tell the California Commission: Get Judge Johnson to step down, NOW!
Legitimate Rape Is Back, Progress Report, ThinkProgress
- Republicans Signal New Support for Disgraced Candidate
- With their chances of taking the Senate looking more and more unlikely by the day, it appears Republicans don’t think Akin and his outrageously offensive comments are so bad after all.
- Republican Judge: If You Don’t Want To Get Sexually Assaulted Then You Should Stay Home
Todd Akin: It's Not a War on Women, It's a War on Critical Thinking and Democracy, Soraya Chemaly, Huffington Post
- What Todd Akin said and believes doesn't just play into a media-catchy, election year "war on women" narrative. It's part of a reactionary, fundamentalist backlash to modernity. It's a war on science. It's a war on facts. It's a war on critical thinking.
- Wisconsin Bill Claims Single Moms Cause Child Abuse by Not Being Married