- The FCC is ASKING for your public comments on this. They WANT to hear from you. We have sympathetic commissioners on the FCC who have already twice tried to promulgate open internet rules, and we just need to encourage them to exercise the power that the DC appeals court admits that they have.
- A Free and Open Internet: The Latest from the Frontlines
- Net Neutrality Isn't Dead - Just Yet!
The Pen, Peoples' E-mail Network
To stay on top of important articles like these, sign up here to receive the latest updates from all reader supported Evergreene Digest.
February 28, 2014 | Dear Friends and Activists,
Our participants asked us to jump on the net neutrality issue and jump we did, with over 8,000 submissions already logged on the FCC docket for public comment on this, but we have not yet heard from you on this as of the start of this alert.
Without net neutrality political censorship of your voices becomes a real threat. So if you hope to speak out ever again and have meaningful impact this is a must participate action.
Net Neutrality Action Page.
We just did a big interview for OpEdNews.com about all this, which was their top featured story yesterday, which you can read at this link: Net Neutrality Interview.
The FCC is ASKING for your public comments on this. They WANT to hear from you. We have sympathetic commissioners on the FCC who have already twice tried to promulgate open internet rules, and we just need to encourage them to exercise the power that the DC appeals court admits that they have. Do you want to win? If so, please submit the net neutrality action page.
Net Neutrality Action Page
We have also had some requests to set up a "white label" action page on this without links to any other issue, for those who have right wing uncles who might not like all our other policy positions. And this one time, in the spirit OF neutrality, we have done so. Here is an action page you can safely forward to you right wing friends without rocking their boat in any other way: White Label Action Page On Net Neutrality.
We are not ashamed of our strident call for the prosecution of Cheney era war criminals, in fact we made a whole length feature dramatic movie about it, The Last War Crime. And the ONLY thing that will for sure make such prosecutions impossible is for progressives themselves to fall silent.
Speaking which, have you seen the amazing new trailer we recently posted? Check it out, and see if it doesn't motivate you to want to see the complete, finished film, at Trailer and Screener Requests.
And we are about to commence production on Citizens United, The Movie, where we will dramatize the issues of corporate personhood and accountability. Read the synopsis and the first 6 pages of the new script here, and we'll have cameras rolling again in no time: Citizens United, The Movie page.
A Free and Open Internet: The Latest from the Frontlines, Michael Winship, Common Dreams
- An FCC fact sheet (is) well worth reading on how Internet growth and investment have “flourished” under the rules of net neutrality. See it here.
- Comcast takeover of Time Warner Cable 'will throttle choice on the web'
Net neutrality isn’t dead - just yet, Michael Winship, BillMoyers.com
- A new ruling could put Web users at the mercy of the cable companies. Now's the time for us to stand up and fight
- You can start by contacting the FCC chairman’s office and demanding that he and his colleagues stand resolute and forthright in favor of net neutrality, an Internet open to all.
- Court Backs Internet Censorship: Open The Internet Now!
- One Frightening Chart Shows What You Might Pay For Internet Once Net Neutrality Is Gone