- "The biases the media has are much bigger than conservative or liberal. They're about getting ratings, about making money, about doing stories that are easy to cover." --Al Franken
- 8 New items including:
- Digging Deeper: Politico-Corporate Media Manipulation, Critical Thinking, and Democracy
- Freedom of (Hate?) Speech
- Study | Media Still Doesn't Like Talking About Climate Change
- Washington Post: Readers Deserve Full Disclosure in Coverage of CIA
- The Mainstream Media and Mandela: Hypocrisy, Crocodile Tears and Sham Solidarity
- Seymour Hersh | Syria Sarin Story 'Was Bought by the Mainstream Press'
- Noam Chomsky | Media Control and Indoctrination in the United States
- When will the media learn? Conservatives are not “centrists”
David Culver, Ed., Evergreene Digest
Digging Deeper: Politico-Corporate Media Manipulation, Critical Thinking, and Democracy, Elliott D. Cohen from the book Project Censored 2014.
- We Americans are not helpless victims of the politico-corporate media establishment. Victims, yes; helpless, no. We largely permit ourselves to be duped and manipulated.
- The Myth of the Lemmings
- Labeling The Media
- Are We Being Driven Like Cattle?
Freedom of (Hate?) Speech, Neal Wooten, Huffington Post
The only people I can recall, or find via research, that (Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity, and Glenn Beck) have defended using the freedom of speech argument, are the ones that got into trouble for making comments against blacks or homosexuals. Could that really be possible? Is it true that media folks like these three believe racial slurs and gay bullying are the only things worth using the First Amendment to defend? And if that's true, what does it say about them?
Study | Media Still Doesn't Like Talking About Climate Change, Catherine Taibi, Huffington Post
- Surprise! The media still doesn't want to discuss climate change that much.
- 7 ways to shut down a climate change denier
Washington Post: Readers Deserve Full Disclosure in Coverage of CIA, Roots Action
The Washington Post should be honest with readers about a big conflict of interest: The newspaper's new owner Jeff Bezos is the founder and CEO of Amazon -- which recently landed a $600 million contract with the CIA.
The Mainstream Media and Mandela: Hypocrisy, Crocodile Tears and Sham Solidarity, Michael Roberts, opednews.com
- Such mind-bogglingcrass hypocrisy -- is nothing more than a blatant attempt to hijack the legacy of Mandela and pose a "we did it moment" meme for a tiny global elite who could never comprehend the suffering of Black South Africans -- even today -- in places like Soweto.
- Greg Palast | The Mandela Barbie
Seymour Hersh | Syria Sarin Story 'Was Bought by the Mainstream Press', Peter Hart, Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR)
- Hersh is correct that much of the corporate media coverage of the administration's Syria case was simply not all that skeptical, treating what were claims offered without evidence as if they were facts.
- The Corporate Media As Accomplice to the Iraq War
- Seymour Hersh on Obama, NSA and the 'pathetic' American media
Noam Chomsky | Media Control and Indoctrination in the United States, Catherine Komp, Truthout
- Free Speech Radio News producer Catherine Komp interviews Noam Chomsky on the just released 2nd edition of his book Occupy: Class War, Rebellion and Solidarity.
- Media control, fear, indoctrination and the importance of solidarity.
- The Great American Class War
- Misled by the New York Times
When will the media learn? Conservatives are not “centrists”, R.J. Eskow, Salon
- Call them influential. Call them well-connected. Call them well-funded. But when it comes to Third Way and those who hold similar opinions, don’t call them centrists.
- From Chris Christie to Third Way, the political class mislabels the political center. Here's why it's so dangerous.