- One little problem with (O'Reilly's) analysis: Disability insurance isn't paid for out of income tax–it's covered by Social Security taxes, which all workers pay. (It's actually a regressive tax, since it's not paid on income over $110,000.)
- George Lakoff | How Right-Wingers Scam People Into Buying Their Toxic Philosophy
- Silent Running: the Burgeoning Wisconsin Scandal that Major Media Ignored
Jim Naureckas, Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR)
This article is made possible with the generous contributions of Evergreene Digest readers like you. Thank you!
Bill O'Reilly complained last night (7/5/12) that there are too many disabled people in America:
Twenty years ago in June 1992, there were 3,300,000 Americans receiving federal disability payments. Today, 20 years later, that number is a record 8,733,000 workers on disability.
O'Reilly's not buying it for a second:
Why has the disability rate increased more than 100 percent? I'll tell you why. It's a con. It's easy to put in a bogus disability claim.
George Lakoff | How Right-Wingers Scam People Into Buying Their Toxic Philosophy, Joshua Holland, AlterNet
- Here is what progressives can learn from right-wing messaging.
- Special Report | The Dumbing Down of American Politics: Week of July 1
Silent Running: the Burgeoning Wisconsin Scandal that Major Media Ignored, Joe Conason, NationofChange
“As millions of dollars in dark right-wing money pour into the state to preserve Gov. Scott Walker from his progressive opposition, it seems relevant that he and many top aides are under investigation in a campaign finance and corruption scandal that has been growing for two years.”
WI Gov.Walker & Aids Facing Felony Corruption-Embezzlement Investigations, Indictments, Convictions
Will Scott Walker Get an Orange Jumpsuit?