- Church leaders in Baltimore, MD, and Decatur, GA, redeem themselves of cowardice and hypocrisy!
- Part 1: This powerful footage of over 100 clergy arm-in-arm through Baltimore shows the power of community.
- Part 2: Black Preacher absolutely unloads on church hypocrisy on LGBT and it's freaking awesome.
Compiled by David Culver, Ed., Evergreene Digest
Part 1: This powerful footage of over 100 clergy arm-in-arm through Baltimore shows the power of community.
See the powerful scene on the streets of Baltimore as over 100 clergy members marched right up to a row of cops.
Rebecca Eisenberg, Upworthy
Submitted by Evergreene Digest Contributing Editor Betty Culver
Journalism with real independence and integrity is a rare thing. All reader supported Evergreene Digest relies - exclusively!- on reader donations. Click on the donation button above to make a contribution and support our work.
As years of understandable pent-up frustration with the police boiled over in Baltimore last night, there was one scene that really stood out.
"Over 500 Pastors out here declaring God and Peace on North Ave, what sight. The people have joined in this army to reclaim our streets. We love our City, Bmore!!!" Posted by Antoine Burton on Monday, April 27, 2015
Hundreds of faith leaders marched down the streets of Baltimore, praying and singing loudly.
Watching the men and women walk down the street, their crowd growing by the minute, was a bit of stunningly powerful imagery when put up against scenes of violence that seem to be on a loop.
Rebecca Eisenberg: A list of words that describes me is nerd, feminist, pop culture nut, Hufflepuff, comedy fan, TV enthusiast, bad at bio-writing, good at list-making. I'm hoping to make the world a better place by blogging in my pajamas.
Full story …
Part 2: Black Preacher absolutely unloads on church hypocrisy on LGBT and it's freaking awesome.
- Pastor E. Dewey Smith of the House of Hope, Greater Travelers Rest church in Decatur, GA, gave an impassioned sermon, posted to YouTube on Thursday, in which he slammed church leaders for judging gay people but “you change wives like we change underwear.”
- Move all your breakable and flammable stuff out of the way and make the jump to the video.
Toking Points Memo, Daily Kos
Fri, Jul 24, 2015 | I have little positive regard for the Church and preachers usually. Finding issues with this group is shooting big fish in a small barrel.
That said, you have to check this guy out. Man, oh Man: he attacks the Churches in general who have been demonizing the LGBT population and he goes off. You can light a fire with this sermon.
Toking Points Memo: Daily Kos Contributor
Full story …