- Saturday’s protests were inspiring but just the first step in fighting back against those who would end democracy.
- Related: ‘I won’t be part of a white-woman kumbaya march’: Portland NAACP drops support of anti-Trump protest
- Related: For Such a Time as This: Building Our Prophetic Resistance
Michael Winship, Huffington Post
Stephanie Keith / Reuters
01/26/2017 | “Peaceful protests are a hallmark of our democracy. Even if I don’t always agree, I recognize the rights of people to express their views.”
On Sunday morning, that came flying out from the Twitter account of @realDonaldTrump, raising the question, “What have you done with the real, @realDonaldTrump?”
It sure didn’t sound like the troll we’ve come to know. A couple of days in, maybe the awesomeness of becoming the leader of the free world had penetrated his roiling psyche and settled him down.
Michael Winship: Senior writer, BillMoyers.com. Former senior writing fellow, Demos. President, Writers Guild of America, East.
Full story …
‘I won’t be part of a white-woman kumbaya march’: Portland NAACP drops support of anti-Trump protest, Erin Corbett, Raw Story
- Women’s marches across the country, including the march in Washington, D.C. — also scheduled the day after Trump’s inauguration — have received similar criticism about a lack of inclusion. Organizers of the Washington march have since released a platform of guiding and defining principles that seek to make the movement inclusive of a variety of issues women face.
- Related: Unexpected Alliances
For Such a Time as This: Building Our Prophetic Resistance, ISAIAH <>
- For Such a Time as This: Building Our Prophetic Resistance
- January 28th, 1-4pm, Shiloh Temple
- “We were called for such a time as this...” Esther 4:14