- It does not have to be this way. Everyday more people are seeing that democracy is an illusion. The fraudulent two-party debates are an example so blatant that when people understand it, then they also understand that the elections are manipulated. Once people understand that the government is illegitimate, because it is designed not to represent people, then they will have the spark to organize and mobilize in order to take action to create the future we want to see.
- Related: Jimmy Carter: The US Is an "Oligarchy With Unlimited Political Bribery
- Related: Democracy Doesn’t Exist: Here’s Why Voting Doesn’t Change Anything
Kevin Zeese and Margaret Flowers, Popular Resistance
Submitted by Evergreene Digest Contributing Editor Lydia Howell
October 1st, 2016 | The United States is in the peak of the very long election year. The presidential debates are running in full swing. The media is deep into coverage of Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. And, the people are feeling unrepresented.
In this environment it can be hard to step back and see the full picture. We’ve published many articles that describe the oligarchic plutocracy – a government that serves the wealthy and privileged – that we live in. In the midst of the presidential campaign, we have an opportunity to see how the 1% maintains control and prevents a government that serves the 99%.
Kevin Zeese and Margaret Flowers are participants in Popular Resistance <>, an online daily news and information service for people who want to play a role in improving the country, creating economic and social justice as well as to protect the environment. They also co-direct It’s Our Economy and are co-hosts of Clearing the FOG, shown on UStream TV and heard on radio.
Full story …
To stay on top of important articles like these, sign up here to receive the latest updates from all reader supported Evergreene Digest.
Jimmy Carter: The US Is an "Oligarchy With Unlimited Political Bribery" Jon Schwarz, The Intercept
- Former president Jimmy Carter said Tuesday on the nationally syndicated radio show the Thom Hartmann Program that the United States is now an 'oligarchy' in which 'unlimited political bribery' has created 'a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors.'
- Both Major U.S. Parties are Plagues on Humanity
Democracy Doesn’t Exist: Here’s Why Voting Doesn’t Change Anything, Arjun Walia, Collective Evolution
- Corporations Are Above The Government: They Dictate Government Policy.
- “Democrats and Republicans are two wings of the same bird, and the flight path doesn’t change.” – Unknown.
- "The only difference between a Democrat and a Republican is the speed with which they get on their knees when corporate campaign contributors show up." -- Ralph Nader
- Jimmy Carter: The US Is an "Oligarchy With Unlimited Political Bribery
- "It's a big club. And you aint in it." --George Carlin