3 New Items including:
- Health Care: The Disquieting Truth
- Will States Lead on Single-Payer Healthcare Reform?
David Culver, ed., Evergreene Digest
Health Care: The Disquieting Truth, Arnold Relman, New York Review of Books
- Tracking Medicine: A Researcher’s Quest to Understand Health Care by John E. Wennberg, Oxford University Press, 319 pp., $29.95
- Health Insurance costs going up, and reformers won’t admit it
Arizona Strikes Again, Gail Collins, New York Times | NY
- Let us revisit the matter of pulling the plug on grandma.
- It came to mind when I was talking to Flor Felix, whose husband, Francisco, a 32-year-old truck driver with four kids, was denied a liver transplant because the Arizona Legislature had yanked funds for it out of a state Medicaid program
Will States Lead on Single-Payer Healthcare Reform? Christopher Hayes, The Nation
Will a proposed bipartisan amendment to the healthcare bill that would allow states to create an alternative healthcare system, create a loophole that will allow states to lead the fight for single-payer healthcare?