- Neocons are the “masters of chaos” as they destabilize disfavored governments around the world. But real people pay the price as we’ve seen with Israel’s slaughter of four boys on a Gaza beach and an apparent shoot-down of a Malaysian airliner over war-torn Ukraine.
- State Department Ignores How US Forces Have Inspired ‘Emergence’ of Al Qaeda Affiliates
- How Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and Congressional Republicans Created Child-Refugee Flood
Robert Parry, Consortium News
Neocons - Paul Wolfowitz, William Kristol and Richard Perle. (photo: unknown)
July 17, 2014 | Whether the tragedy is four boys getting blown apart while playing on a beach in Gaza or nearly 300 killed from a suspected missile strike on a Malaysian Airliner over Ukraine or the thousands upon thousands of other innocent victims slaughtered in Iraq, Syria, Libya and other recent war zones, the underlying lesson is that the havoc encouraged by America’s neocons results in horrendous loss of human life.
Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs Victoria Nuland, who pushed for the Ukraine coup and helped pick the post-coup leaders.
While clearly other players share in this blame, including the soldiers on the ground and the politicians lacking the courage to compromise, the principal culprits in the bloodshed of the past dozen years have been the neoconservatives and their “liberal interventionist” allies who can’t seem to stop stirring up trouble in the name of “democracy” and “human rights.”
Investigative reporter Robert Parry broke many of the Iran-Contra stories for The Associated Press and Newsweek in the 1980s. You can buy his new book, America’s Stolen Narrative, either in print here or as an e-book (from barnesandnoble.com).
Full story …
State Department Ignores How US Forces Have Inspired ‘Emergence’ of Al Qaeda Affiliates, Kevin Gosztola, The Dissenter, FireDogLake
There was no Al Qaeda in Iraq prior to the US invasion in 2003. Now, under Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, Al Qaeda is resurgent, benefiting from the autocratic rule of the country’s prime minister.
How Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and Congressional Republicans Created Child-Refugee Flood, Eric Zuesse, OpEdNews
- If President Obama now treats those desperate children as if they were not refugees, then he will be culminating what he has already done to them, not moving to reverse it, but instead to seal their dooms.
- How the US is Fueling Military Repression in Honduras