- It’s time for Republicans to stop sabotaging the recovery and start working with the president to put Americans back to work.
- Collapse At Hand
- Special Project | America's Financial Crisis: Week of June 10
Progress Report, ThinkProgress
Today’s (June 1) dismal jobs report — just 69,000 net jobs created last month and the unemployment rate ticking up slightly to 8.2 percent — shows that the GOP’s success at manufacturing crises, blocking new job creation measures, and forcing deep spending cuts is taking a severe toll on our economy and the lives of millions of unemployed Americans.
Why would Republicans want a weaker economy? Republicans have made clear that defeating the president, which would be made much easier by a weak economy, is their number one priority. For example, here’s Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY):
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."
Collapse At Hand, Paul Craig Roberts, Information Clearing House
- The serious consequences of the enormous mistakes made in Washington, on Wall Street, and in corporate offices are being held at bay by an untenable policy of low interest rates and a corrupt financial press, while debt rapidly builds.
- Noam Chomsky: Suicidal Policies vs Occupy Wall Street (OWS) and Life!
- Paul Krugman: Austerity Is So Wrong!
Special Project | America's Financial Crisis: Week of June 10, David Culver, Ed., Evergreene Digest
7 New Items including:
- Noam Chomsky | Suicidal Policies vs Occupy Wall Street (OWS) and Life!
- Joseph Stiglitz | The Price of Inequality and the Myth of Opportunity
- A Tale of Two World Views
- How the government enables Wall Street parasites to cash in on the crisis
- Reform of the US Monetary System: Message of 12 Year Old Victoria Grant
- The Globalization of Poverty: Deconstructing the New World Order ~ Michel Chossudovsky
- How the "Job Creators" REALLY Spend Their Money