- Sign the petition
- Kick the shutdown extortionists out of office!
- Shutdown Solution: Opt Out of Tyranny
Paul Hogarth, Daily Kos
This article is made possible with the generous contributions of all reader supported Evergreene Digest readers like you. Thank you!
October 20, 2013 | We never thank hostage-takers after they release the hostages.
Sign our petition denouncing the 87 House Republicans who could have ended the shutdown at any time—or prevented it—but chose to let it happen.
Our long national nightmare is over. On Wednesday night, the U.S. House voted to end the shutdown and avoid default—after 87 Republicans joined all 197 Democrats present.
But those 87 Republicans could have ended the shutdown at any time, and chose not to.
Dozens of House Republicans even said—for weeks!—they would vote for a clean funding bill. All we needed was for 17 of them to sign a discharge petition, and over 250,000 of you took action asking them to do just that.
But none of them did. They went along with their party line for 16 days of devastating political theater—costing us over $24 billion dollars and causing global market instability.
Sign our petition, denouncing these 87 House Republicans who could have prevented the shutdown from dragging on, and chose instead to let it continue.
Kick the shutdown extortionists out of office! Joan Walsh, Salon
- The left needs a Karl Rove to target the 144 House GOPers and 19 senators of the Default Caucus.
- Look out, Ted Cruz and Collin Peterson
- 5 ways to punish members of Congress for the shutdown
Shutdown Solution: Opt Out of Tyranny, David DeGraw, ampedstatus.com
- At what point are we going to start acting like free and responsible citizens and stop acting like disgruntled servants waiting for our masters to save us and do the right thing?
- It’s Time For A Do-It-Ourselves Revolution