- There were a few changes in that same speech Bernie Sanders freely admits he's been giving for the past four decades, give or take a j'accuse or two.
- Let's Not Be Fooled by Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders
Mark Jacobson, the New Yorker
If you like reading this article, consider joining the crew of all reader-supported Evergreene Digest by contributing the equivalent of a cafe latte a month--using the donation button above—so we can bring you more just like it.
Senator Sanders speaks out against cuts to Social Security outside the U.S. Capitol on October 9, 2013. (photo: Bernie Sanders)
31 December 14 | Beginning in 1981, when he was first elected as the democratic-socialist mayor of Burlington, a.k.a. “the People’s Republic of Burlington,” the only U.S. city then maintaining a pro–Nicaragua-Sandinista foreign policy, Bernie, as he is universally known there, often railed against “the ruling class.” These days, with the condition-red Republican hegemony hard upon the land, the 73-year-old U.S. senator has upped the ante, going with “the billionaire class.” Likewise, well-worn jeremiads against the Rockefellers, big oil, and the Bush neocon cabal have been replaced by broadsides decrying corporate media and the moneybag Koch brothers, Chuck and Dave, wielders of the Citizens United truncheon.
“The Koch brothers say, ‘Oh, you want to run for the Senate?’ ” Sanders thundered during a recent speech in New Hampshire, the early presidential-primary state where prospective candidate Sanders has been spending a good deal of time of late. “ ‘Okay,’ ” Sanders continued. “ ‘Here’s your hundred million dollars. Here’s your speech. … You’re not an elected official, you’re an employee.’ … Does their greed know any bounds?”
Mark Jacobson is a writer for the New Yorker.
Full story …
Let's Not Be Fooled by Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders, Compiled by David Culver <>, Ed., Evergreene Digest
- Let’s not be fooled by any politician appealing to high ideals when they are in the business of war and empire.
- Let’s not be fooled by “progressives” who can’t find their spines when the colonial regime in Israel bombs the crowded ghetto of Gaza.
- Part 1: Elizabeth Warren’s Israel Position Surprises All, Especially Liberals
- Part 2: Let's Not Be Fooled By Bernie Sanders