Climate change is real and poses a threat to every living thing on the earth.
10 New Items including:
David Culver, Ed., Evergreene Digest
Charles Pierce | The Fukushima Crisis Comes to the States, Charles Pierce, Esquire
- The catastrophe at the Fukushima nuclear power plant - aka Yesterday's Tragedy - appears to be ongoing, and Alaska now has become part of the story. Some radiation has arrived in northern Alaska and along the west coast. That's raised concern over contamination of fish and wildlife.
- Fuel Removal From Fukushima's Reactor 4 Threatens 'Apocalyptic' Scenario
- The Crisis at Fukushima's Unit 4 Demands a Global Take-Over
Fuel Removal From Fukushima's Reactor 4 Threatens 'Apocalyptic' Scenario, Andrea Germanos, Common Dreams
Thursday, October 24, 2013 | An operation with potentially "apocalyptic" consequences is expected to begin in a little over two weeks from now - "as early as November 8" - at Fukushima's damaged and sinking Reactor 4, when plant operator TEPCO will attempt to remove over 1300 spent fuel rods holding the radiation equivalent of 14,000 Hiroshima bombs from a spent fuel storage tank perched on the reactor's upper floor.
Philippines delegate urges action at U.N. climate talks Lindsay Abrams, Salon <>
- The delegate drew a clear connection between climate change and Typhoon Haiyan
- As IPCC Warns of Climate Disaster, Will Scientific Consensus Spark Action on Global Warming?
- The 2011 Climate B.S.* of the Year Awards
The Crisis at Fukushima's Unit 4 Demands a Global Take-Over, Harvey Wasserman, Common Dreams
- We are now within two months of what may be humankind’s most dangerous moment since the Cuban Missile Crisis.
- 75,000 Commit to Civil Disobedience if Obama Cuts Deal on KXL
Social costs of electricity from coal make it uneconomical, researchers assert, Daniel Cusick, Environment & Energy Publishing
- "The study results show that our electricity system, which generates fully 40 percent of the nation's carbon dioxide pollution, is costly," Johnson wrote. "Transitioning to cleaner energy won't just help protect us and our children and grandchildren from climate change, it's also good economics."
- Clean energy! No installation required!
3 Years Of Gulf Oil Spill Photos Show Ongoing Impact, James Gerken, Huffington Post
With Tar Sands Development, Growing Concern On Water Use, Ed Struzik, Yale Environment 360
- Environmental questions about Canada’s massive tar sands development have long centered on greenhouse gas emissions. Now there are mounting concerns about the huge volumes of water used by the oil industry and the impact on the vast Mackenzie River Basin.
- Fracking Debris Ten Times Too Radioactive for Hazardous Waste Landfill
- Monsanto and Big Food Pull Out the Big Guns
Former Mobil VP Warns of Fracking and Climate Change, Ellen Cantarow, Truthout
- I think the main question is how fast can these movements educate enough people about the dangers of fracking and its impact on global warming. It will take masses of people demanding action from politicians to offset the huge amount of money that the industry is using to influence lawmakers, a world-scale version of those standing-room-only town meetings. Something has to wake up the general public. It will either be education from the environmental movements or some kind of climate disaster that no one can ignore.
- Everything You Need To See To Convince You That Climate Change Is Happening
Everything You Need To See To Convince You That Climate Change Is Happening, Megan Kelley, Upworthy
- Watch 62 years of global warming in 14 seconds.
- The Arc as a Climate Change Solution
- These are the times; we are the people…
Chorus of Voices Demands Justice Three Years After BP Gulf Disaster, Andrea Germanos, Common Dreams
- In addition to the oil, the chemical dispersant Corexit has wreaked havoc, and as a report released Friday from the Government Accountability Project detailed, it was knowingly used to make the gushing oil merely "appear invisible" while exacerbating levels of toxicity.
- "The Gulf and its people can’t wait any longer."