- As the dust settles and America comes to terms with the election of Donald Trump, it’s time to take a look at the embarrassment of the media class, with the failure of polling only one part of the story. For those who have bemoaned the mediocrity of corporate media, this might appear as a well-deserved comeuppance, but it also brings the uncomfortable upending of decades of common wisdom about media and elections.
- Related: Propaganda Rules the News
Ari Paul, Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR)
CNN‘s Brianna Keilar (8/17/16) lectures the Trump campaign’s Michael Cohen on how the “polls…all of them” show that “you guys are down.” (image: MMFA)
November 10, 2016 | Liberals had a good laugh this summer when CNN’s Brianna Keilar (8/17/16) insisted to Donald Trump campaign lawyer Michael Cohen that his team was “down” in the race.
“Says who?” he asked.
Keilar snarked back: “Polls. Most of them. All of them?”
At the time, it was the sickest of all burns. As the polls kept forecasting a clear win for Hillary Clinton, Trump fans went back and forth between complaining about a rigged system and accusing the polls of being dishonest.
Ari Paul has reported for the Nation, the Guardian, the Forward, the Brooklyn Rail, Vice News, In These Times, Jacobin and many other outlets.
Full story …
To stay on top of important articles like these, sign up here to receive the latest updates from all reader supported Evergreene Digest.
Propaganda Rules the News, Paul Craig Roberts, The 4th Media News / The Greanville Post
- By constantly denying, deforming, and upending the truth, the Corporate Media are the main guardians of a global system of breathtaking hypocrisy and criminality, and the principal threat to the survival of all life on this planet.
- The Western Media “Presstitutes” Continue to LIE about the Ukraine and just about everything else.
- Related: Nygaard Notes #584: Ten Concrete Tips for Media Propaganda Self-Defense