Next FCC Hearing: 'No Delay On Net Neutrality!'
Staff, Popular Resistance
If you like reading this article, consider joining the crew of all reader-supported Evergreene Digest by contributing the equivalent of a cafe latte a month--using the donation button above—so we can bring you more just like it.
We are calling on people to attend a rally on December 11 at 9 am outside the FCC at 445 12th St. SW, Washington, DC and then to attend the public meeting at 10:30 am.
November 21st, 2014 | We did it! It’s official that the FCC will not vote on a phony ‘hybrid’ proposal at the next hearing on December 11.
This is good news… and bad news. It’s good that the our pressure forced the FCC to drop their weak rules, but it is bad that the delay gives the Giant Telecoms more time to push for loopholes and back doors and to spread their false information.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com
We need hundreds of people to show up at the next hearing on December 11 at the FCC in Washington, DC with the message “Reclassify Now!”
Popular Resistance seeks to aid in bringing movements for peace, justice, economic fairness and environmental protection together into an independent, nonviolent and diverse movement that can end the power of concentrated wealth, shift power to the people and put human needs before corporate greed.
Full story …
Demand Real Net Neutrality, SavetheInternet.com
- Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet!
- The Federal Communications Commission is proposing rules that would kill — rather than protect — Net Neutrality and allow rampant discrimination online.
- Under these rules, telecom giants like AT&T, Comcast and Verizon would be able to pick winners and losers online and discriminate against online content and applications.
- We must stop the FCC from moving forward with these rules.
- Tell FCC Chairman Wheeler: We Demand REAL Net Neutrality.