- CNN's chief scoffs at the idea of calling Trump out, while NPR scolds one of its journalists for telling the truth.
- Related: We all enabled Donald Trump: Our deeply unserious media and reality-TV culture made this horror inevitable.
- Related: World Class Journalist Spills the Beans, Admits Mainstream Media is Completely Fake
Jack Mirkinson, Salon
If you like reading this article, consider joining the crew of all reader-supported Evergreene Digest by contributing the equivalent of a cafe latte a month--using the donation button in the above right-hand corner—so we can bring you more just like it.
Friday, Mar 18, 2016 | More than anything, our elite media is devoted to the idea that the political system as it is presently constructed is a legitimate, respectable one. Politics means Democrats and Republicans facing off against each other. No matter how noxious one or the other party becomes, no matter how morally suspect, the two-party-debate framework has to be adhered to and it is not the role of the media to take sides in the matter. This is how, to name just one example, the New York Times spent over a decade tiptoeing around the fact that the United States had tortured people. The paper surely knew that what was happening in American black sites and prisons was torture, but politicians kept insisting that it wasn’t, so the Times had to back off. The system had to be respected.
Obviously, it would have been nice if some of our big media outlets had abandoned this framework a long time ago. Nevertheless, the rise of Donald Trump represents the most blindingly obvious threat to this state of existence in a while. Not only is Trump a bully, a racist and a congenital liar, he’s also a quasi-fascist tyrant-in-waiting leading an increasingly brutal movement of followers. By any stretch of the imagination, he should be seen as beyond the pale, a uniquely dangerous man worthy of revulsion — and he is very likely going to be the Republican presidential nominee.
Jack Mirkinson is a writer living in New York.
Full story …
We all enabled Donald Trump: Our deeply unserious media and reality-TV culture made this horror inevitable, Neal Gabler, Salon
- Trump isn't the destruction of the GOP. He is its fulfillment. We'd all know this if the press would do its job.
- Trump could only make a mockery of our politics because the media already had.
- The media is NOT doing its job!
World Class Journalist Spills the Beans, Admits Mainstream Media is Completely Fake, Arjun Walia, Prepare for Change / Global Research
- Recently, Udo Ulfkotte went on public television stating that he was forced to publish the works of intelligence agents under his own name, also adding that noncompliance with these orders would result in him losing his job.
- We all enabled Donald Trump: Our deeply unserious media and reality-TV culture made this horror inevitable.