- Panetta's statement--that Iran is not building a nuclear weapon--is being used to argue that the United States disputes Iran's long-standing contention that it not building a nuclear weapon.
- How the Media Is Taking Us Toward War With Iran
- If PBS Is Afraid of Moyers, Maybe It Needs a New Slogan
Peter Hart, Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
As if tensions between the United States and Iran weren't high enough, here's PBS NewsHour anchor Margaret Warner (1/9/12):
The Iranian government insists that its nuclear activities are for peaceful energy purposes only, an assertion disputed by the U.S. and its allies. On CBS yesterday (Jan 8), Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta repeated international demands that Iran stop enriching uranium.
How the Media Is Taking Us Toward War With Iran, davidswanson, War Is a Crime .org
- Media lies and the onset of war.
- Iraq. Began with big lies. Ending with big lies. Never forget.
- Robert Parry | Slip-Sliding to War with Iran
If PBS Is Afraid of Moyers, Maybe It Needs a New Slogan, Peter Hart, Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Moyers seems happy with the situation, saying that "we don't have to worry about somebody at PBS losing sleep over the fact that David Stockman says the Republicans have lost their minds on taxes."
- Perhaps PBS might consider a new, more accurate slogan: Not Offending Conservatives When We're Fighting for Funding, Which is Always.
- Tumultuous Times for Democracy Compelled Moyers' Return to TV