- Demand Justice, Not Impunity
- Multi-media presentation about the campaign to close the School of the Americas (SOA/WHINSC) on Thursday October 3, 7 -8 pm at Weyerhaeuser Chapel at Macalester College, 1600 Grand Ave, St. Paul, MN
- Learn about efforts to close the school including an opportunity to attend the protest in November.
- Celebremos la Resistencia!
- Is the U.S. Enabling the Humanitarian Crisis in Colombia?
This article is made possible with the generous contributions of all reader supported Evergreene Digest readers like you. Thank you!
Sep 25, 2013 | Converge at the Gates of Fort Benning, Home of the School of the Americas
Veterans for Peace Chapter 27, along with Women Against Military Madness (WAMM), is chartering a bus from Minneapolis to Columbus, Georgia for participation in Saturday afternoon’s rally (music, testimonies, puppets, speakers and more). After the events at the gates of Fort Benning the bus will drop the group off at the downtown Columbus Marriot hotel for a comfortable night’s stay and opportunity to attend activities across the street at the convention center: workshops, caucuses, cultural and musical events. Sunday morning the group is taken back to the gates for the solemn funeral procession where the names of the victims of the human rights abusers are read. The bus heads back to Minneapolis after Sunday’s ritual.
The bus leaves Minneapolis Friday morning November 22 and returns Monday afternoon November 25. Price per person is $300 which includes bus transportation and shared double room. Confirmation and specific details will be sent upon receipt of payment. There is a maximum of 48 passengers; registration will close when this number is reached. Donations are being accepted to help defray costs for those who need scholarship assistance.
For more information on the October 3 presentation: Elsa 785-215-3531 Sponsored by Adelante, Latin American Studies, the CRSL, and Multifaith Council or WAMM 612.827.5364
For more information or with questions on the November 22-25 bus trip to the SOAW protest at Ft. Benning, email email@example.com or call the WAMM office at 612.827.5364. To secure your spot on the bus make your check for $300 payable to Veterans for Peace, Chapter 27 and send to: Mary McNellis, PO Box 126, Stillwater MN 55082
Please include your name, email address, snail mail address, phone numbers (incl. cell) and school or organization affiliation.
We look forward to seeing you on the streets!
On behalf of MnSOAWatch, Women Against Military Madness and Veterans for Peace
Celebremos la Resistencia!, soaw.org
- Converge on Fort Benning, Georgia.
- November 22-24, 2013.
Is the U.S. Enabling the Humanitarian Crisis in Colombia? Jeremy Kryt, In These Times
- As the fighting drags on, and accusations of abuse at the hands of the armed forces continues, Santos’s cozy relationship with the Obama administration has a growing chorus of critics crying foul over the way the Colombian armed forces have been using all the high-tech toys and funding they’ve been getting from Uncle Sam.
- The Shortest Path To Peace In Syria