- America is living under the gun. America has lost its mind.
- Part 1: 9 Signs of Dangerous Gun Nut Craziness in 2014
- Part 2: Santa Barbara Shooter's Father Pens Open Letter: 'We Have to Stop This'
- Gun nuts are terrorizing America: The watershed moment everyone missed.
Compiled by David Culver, Ed., Evergreene Digest
Part 1: 9 Signs of Dangerous Gun Nut Craziness in 2014
- America’s obsession with guns is hitting new levels of craziness and public disgust.
- It goes beyond open carry activists displaying their firearms in restaurant chains. Even the NRA seems perplexed.
Steven Rosenfeld, AlterNet
(Credit: chinahbzyg via Shutterstock)
Thursday, Jun 26, 2014 | The recent news has been filled with anything but acceptable behavior by gun nuts. A Montana man sets a trap for burglars and executes a teenage intruder. A Virginia man strapping on a holster shoots himself in the penis. So-called open-carry activists keep walking into Texas malls and restaurant chains with assault rifles. And federal airport screeners say 2014 will set a record for travelers forgetting they are carrying guns.
In response, millions of women protested the misogynist rampage near Santa Barbara that killed six, placing violence against women in the national spotlight. In 2014, five states passed laws limiting domestic abusers’ access to guns, and several bills allowing guns on school grounds were blocked. Longtime gun defenders know that the ghastly statistics on gun violence against women is a powerful avenue for control advocates, yet they can’t stop their side’s fanatics from taunting the public with assault rifles.
Steven Rosenfeld covers national political issues for AlterNet, including America's retirement crisis, the low-wage economy, democracy and voting rights, and campaigns and elections. He is the author of "Count My Vote: A Citizen's Guide to Voting"
Full story …
Part 2: Santa Barbara Shooter's Father Pens Open Letter: 'We Have to Stop This'
Andres Jauregui, Huffington Post
06/27/2014 | The father of Santa Barbara shooter Elliot Rodger has penned an open letter calling for an end to mass shootings.
Peter Rodger's letter, which was written for ABC News and published today, calls for mental health reforms and "a change in the culture" that allows such violence to perpetuate.
Andres Jauregui: Editor at the Huffington Post. Crime, Weird News, truth, justice and the American way.
Full story …
Gun nuts are terrorizing America: The watershed moment everyone missed, Rick Perlstein, Salon
- From Cliven Bundy defeating the cops to "open carry" movement's menace, the left's timidity has spawned a nightmare.
- The US Gun Culture