- The armchair warriors of Official Washington are eager for a new war, this time with Russia over Ukraine, and they are operating from the same sort of mindless “group think” and hostility to dissent that proved so disastrous in Iraq.
- Paul Craig Roberts: Russia In The Cross Hairs
- The Globalization of War: America’s “Long War” against Humanity ~ Michel Chossudovsky
Robert Parry, ConsortiumNews.org / Rise Up Times
If you like reading this article, consider joining the crew of all reader-supported Evergreene Digest by contributing the equivalent of a cafe latte a month--using the donation button above—so we can bring you more just like it.
Russian President Vladimir Putin laying a wreath at Russia’s Tomb of the Unknown Soldier on May 8, 2014, as part of the observance of the World War II Victory over Germany.
January 31, 2015 | If you wonder how the lethal “group think” on Iraq took shape in 2002, you might want to study what’s happening today with Ukraine. A misguided consensus has grabbed hold of Official Washington and has pulled in everyone who “matters” and tossed out almost anyone who disagrees.
Part of the problem, in both cases, has been that neocon propagandists understand that in the modern American media the personal is the political, that is, you don’t deal with the larger context of a dispute, you make it about some easily demonized figure. So, instead of understanding the complexities of
Iraq, you focus on the unsavory Saddam Hussein.
Investigative reporter Robert Parry broke many of the Iran-Contra stories for The Associated Press and Newsweek in the 1980s. You can buy his new book, America’s Stolen Narrative, either in print here or as an e-book (from barnesandnoble.com).
Full story …
Paul Craig Roberts: Russia In The Cross Hairs,Paul Craig Roberts, Institute for Political Economy
Washington’s attack on Russia has moved beyond the boundary of the absurd into the realm of insanity.
The Globalization of War: America’s “Long War” against Humanity ~ Michel Chossudovsky, Described in Global Research
- "In his latest masterpiece, Professor Michel Chossudovsky shows how the various conflicts we are witnessing today in Ukraine, Syria, Iraq and Palestine are in fact inter-linked and inter-locked through a single-minded agenda in pursuit of global hegemony helmed by the United States and buttressed by its allies in the West and in other regions of the world." --Dr Chandra Muzaffar, President of the International Movement for a Just World (JUST)
- Robert Parry: ‘Group-Thinking’ the World into a New War