- A therapist shares small ways to practice self-care.
- Related: How Bonhoeffer Dealt with the Despair of World Chaos
- Related: From a trained therapist | 11 small ways to feel less helpless this week
Annie Wright, Upworthy
June 20, 2016 | I think that, for most of us, there are times in life when it all just feels like Too Much.
There may be some days, weeks, months, maybe even years when — for whatever reason — just getting through the day or going to work or putting one foot in front of the other feels hard. Really, really hard.
Maybe it’s because you’re wrestling with anxiety, depression, or some other mental illness.
Maybe it’s because you’ve had your heart broken. Maybe you’ve gone through a physical or emotional trauma. Maybe you’re deeply grieving. Or maybe there’s no easily understood reason for why you’re feeling bad.
Whatever the case, I want you to know that it’s OK if you’re going through a tough time.
Annie Wright: Counseling & Mental Health, Berkeley, California
Full story …
How Bonhoeffer Dealt with the Despair of World Chaos, Annie Holmquist, Intellectual Takeout
- The chaos of the world makes many individuals want to throw up their hands and go hide in a bunker until the problems pass.
- Related: 101 Ways To Take Care of Yourself When the World Feels Overwhelming
From a trained therapist | 11 small ways to feel less helpless this week, Annie Wright, Upworthy
When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” — Fred Rogers