7 New Items including:
- Crimes against Humanity: The Torture of Palestinian Children
- Cardinal Edward Egan Just Withdrew His Apology For The Catholic Sex-Abuse Scandal
- Shades of an American Kristallnacht?
- US Family Law Is Stuck in the 'Leave It to Beaver' Era
- One School District's 's War on Gay Teens
- The Worst States for Kids
- Tea Party Groups In Tennessee Demand Textbooks Overlook U.S. Founder's Slave-Owning History
David Culver, Ed., Evergreene Digest
*Crimes against Humanity: The Torture of Palestinian Children, Stephen Lendman, Global Research
DCI/Palestine and other human rights organizations demand these crimes against humanity end and those responsible held accountable. So far it hasn't happened.
Cardinal Edward Egan Just Withdrew His Apology For The Catholic Sex-Abuse Scandal, Michael Brendan Dougherty, Business Insider
- Bishop Egan ran a diocese that was notoriously dangerous for children. Contrary to his claim, during his twelve-year enthronement at Bridgeport, Egan repeatedly failed to investigate priests where there were obvious signs of abuse, according to The Hartford Courant. His diocese had to settle the cases and awarded victims some $12-15 million in damages.
- 550 seeking restitution from Milwaukee Archdiocese
US Family Law Is Stuck in the 'Leave It to Beaver' Era, Alissa Bohling, Truthout
- Ronald Reagan's 'welfare queen' myth has been strenuously discredited, but another counterexample never hurts - especially when she's spent 20 years on Capitol Hill. Before she ran for office, Rep. Lynn Woolsey (D-California) spent years raising her three children on her own and with the support of public assistance. Her story [is] more relevant than ever as divisive rhetoric about a tax-drunk 'entitlement society' pervades the GOP primary.
- One on One With Rep. Lynn Woolsey
One School District's 's War on Gay Teens, Sabrina Rubin Erdely, Rolling Stone
- The Anoka-Hennepin (MN) school district finds itself in the spotlight not only for the sheer number of suicides but because it is accused of having contributed to the death toll by cultivating an extreme anti-gay climate.
- That denial (of a problem) reaches right up to the pinnacle of the local political food chain: Michele Bachmann, who stayed silent on the suicide cluster in her congressional district for months.
- Neutrality is no answer for the bullied child
The Worst States for Kids, Greg Emerson, Main Street
- “This report shows that a strong relationship exists between children’s well-being and state policies that drive investments in children,” the report says. “The gap between public opinion and public investments in children remains large.”
- The Kids Aren’t All Right
Tea Party Groups In Tennessee Demand Textbooks Overlook U.S. Founder's Slave-Owning History, Trymaine Lee, Huffington Post
The latest push comes a year after the Texas Board of Education approved revisions to its social studies curriculum that would put a conservative twist on history through revised textbooks and teaching standards.
Shades of an American Kristallnacht? Jennifer Browdy de Hernandez, Common Dreams
As in Germany before the Kristallnacht, none of us here in the U.S. wants to believe that anything could happen to destroy our cherished freedoms, our vaunted “American way of life.” We don’t want to admit, even to ourselves, the extent to which our freedoms are already being encroached upon, day by day.