4 New Items including:
- 91,000 Gulf oil spill claims, just 1 final payment
- On Louisiana Coast, Damage From Oil Goes Much Deeper Than Spill
David Culver, ed., Evergreene Digest
On Louisiana Coast, Damage From Oil Goes Much Deeper Than Spill, Chris Kirkham, Huffington Post
- The True Cost of Oil
Decades-Old Deal Cuts Spill-Ravaged Louisiana Out Of Fair Share Of Oil Profits
- Denied BP Oil Spill Claims Rising Sharply
Scientists Found Chemical Dispersants Lingering in Gulf Long After Oil Flow Stopped, Marian Wang, ProPublica
- The findings contrast with what the Environmental Protection Agency has asserted about the dispersants, which the agency allowed BP to use in unprecedented quantities.
- The Oil Slick BP Tried To Hide Has Been Discovered
- BP’s Selling Its Troubled Refineries in Texas City and Carson
An oil spill in the Gulf? Oh, well. Los Angeles Times Editorial, Minneapolis Star Tribune | MN
Last year's Gulf of Mexico oil spill has dropped out of the headlines, and according to a recent federal report, the spilled oil itself has mostly vanished.
91,000 Gulf oil spill claims, just 1 final payment, Brian Skoloff, Associated Press/Google
The fund's administrator, Washington lawyer Feinberg has faced repeated criticism from lawmakers, plaintiffs attorneys and claimants who complain about a lack of transparency and independence from BP, as well as claims being shortchanged and paid too slowly, or not at all.