- Like George Carlin said: “They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it.” Our vacuous and vicarious cult of five-minute fame, popup clickbait ads, and rehab has finally reached its hideous, waking apogee in the election of a vacationing reality star.
- Related: Chris Hedges | We Are All Deplorables
- Related: Chris Hedges | The Mafia State
Abel Cohen, Counterpunch
If you like reading this article, consider joining the crew of all reader-supported Evergreene Digest by contributing the equivalent of a cafe latte a month--using the donation button in the above right-hand corner—so we can bring you more just like it.
January 9, 2017 | We finally got the president we deserve. A piece of trash truly representative of our trash culture. Land of the free at all costs and everyone else’s expense. And home of the fattest, meanest, most gleefully ignorant and ill-informed first world people on the planet.
Shooting each other all the time. Filling our days with nonstop sports and celebrities. And flooding global airwaves with poisonous, nauseating filth: the action hero, pornstar, and first person shooter.
Like George Carlin said: “They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it.” Our vacuous and vicarious cult of five-minute fame, popup clickbait ads, and rehab has finally reached its hideous, waking apogee in the election of a vacationing reality star.
Abel Cohen lives in the former Soviet space, observing and reporting on democracy and nationalism. He speaks Russian and feels guilty about not knowing Ukrainian.
Full story …
We Are All Deplorables, Chris Hedges, Truthdig
- Liberals have no moral authority to preach to a dispossessed white working class about racism, multiculturalism, identity politics or diversity. The abject failure by liberals to fight for economic justice triggered the protofascist backlash embodied by Donald Trump’s election victory.
- Related: Dan Rather Just Released Heartbreaking Statement Against Trump
The Mafia State, Chris Hedges, Truthdig / OpEdNews
(image by Mr Fish)
What comes next, history has shown, will not be pleasant. A cruel and morally bankrupt elite, backed by the organs of state security and law enforcement, will, as the Eupatridae did in sixth-century-B.C. Athens, bankrupt the citizenry through state-sponsored theft, war, austerity and debt peonage. They are barbarians. We will remove them from power or enter a new dark age.
Related: The CIA’s Cult of Death